This course seeks to introduce participants to the production and planning of shoots, selection of garments and accessories, choosing locations and working within a team. You will develop skills in managing, researching and styling fashion photo-shoots. You will also learn about the techniques of a photo shoot – shooting a model, understanding make-up and styling, art of posing.Participants will learn about different approaches to fashion photography and understand how to organise, style and execute the fashion photo-shoot.
The programme will include 10 modules of study and research work and is based on contemporary fashion photography practice using Digital SLRs. In this course you will:
- Refresh the basic technical knowledge involved in fashion photography
- Understanding different effects of light - natural light, studio light or combination
- Using camera angles to work best for you
- Understanding the role and use of colours
- Understanding the process – research your ideas; choosing location; styling components,selecting the right model
- Understanding the technicalities required to organize and complete a fashion shoot including studio set-up
- International trends in Fashion Photography
- Tips to create a personal portfolio
- Shooting a model
- Retouching- fashion photos
Course Commencent Date
27th June 2015
We recommend you to refer to our Fees section for more details.
Classes will be held for 6-8 hours per week plus self-study and research work.